1. All JED Plc’s customers are to be served with electricity service and accurate electricmeter/billing.
2. All new electricconnections will be done strictly on the basis of metering before connection. That is, no new JED Plc customer would be connected without a meter first being installed.
3. Customers who elect to procure meter under the Credited Advance Payment for Metering Implementation (CAPMI) Scheme must be metered within 60 days, failure in which the customer will neither be billed nor disconnected by JED Plc.
4. JED Plc’s customer have the right to transparent electricity Billing. Unmetered customer would be issued electricity bills strictly based on NERC’s Estimated Billing Methodology.
5. Any unmetered customer who is disputing his/her estimated bill has the right to put forth his/her complaint in writing to JED Plc and if the matter is not resolved, then he/she can present the contested bill through the dispute resolution process of NERC.
6. It is the right of JED Plc’s customers to be notified in writing ahead of disconnection of electricity service.
7. It is the right of JED Plc’s customers to prompt investigation of complaints arising from poor electricity service.
8. It is the obligation of JED Plc to buy, replace or repair electricity transformers, poles and related equipment used in supply of electricity and not customers.
9. All complaints on electricity supply and other billing issues are to be sent to the nearest JED Plc’s Business Unit/Service Center serving the customer’s premises.
10. If the complaints of customers is not satisfactorily addressed by JED Plc, such a customer can forward the complaint to the NERC Forum Office within JED Plc’s coverage area and the customers can also appeal the decision of the Forum at the NERC Commission.