Position: Electrical Maintenance Manager
Salary: Competitive + Package
Duration: 3 Years +
Jackson Global are working in tandem with a Power Plant Owner to locate a Electrical Maintenance Manager for a coal fired power plant in Nigeria.
The main responsibilities include reporting into the Plant Manager and ensuring the plant consistently performs to its full potential, focussing on the mechanical aspects primarily.
Your application will be considered provided that you can demonstrate:
- A minimum of 10 years experience related to the construction of a large plant
- MSc degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience working for an Owners Engineer
The regular demands and responsibilities of the position would include, but are not limited to:
- Managing a team of electrical maintenance engineers
- Assessing and solving issues that would affect the effective completion of the project
- Supervising and regularly evaluating the progression of your team with the Plant Manager.
- Ensuring that proper health and safety procedures are exercised at all times
- Communicating with the Plant Manager about progression on site and any areas for improvement
Desirable, but not necessary, qualities would include:
- Over 20 years’ experience in Thermal Power
- A familiarity with the area and its customs
- Extensive experience working on the maintenance of large power projects
The minimum requirements to be seriously considered for this position are:
- A degree or equivalent
- Experience in West Africa
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Minimum of 10 years electrical maintenance experience