Kano Electricity Distribution Company (KEDCO) has been indicted of complexity in the Sabon Gari market fire outbreak last year where valuables worth billions of naira was lost.
The electricity company had denied allegations leveled against it by the traders who insisted that the inferno was as a result of electrical spark emanating from a power source in the market.
Revealing the abridged report of the Judicial Commission of Enquiry, Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, yesterday confirmed that finding has identified electrical spark as major cause of the outbreak, the worse case recorded in recent times.
Ganduje, who spoke while receiving cheque of N500 million donated by Aliko Dangote, said the state had so far received N1.2 billion in the appeal fund, and reassured victims of quick disbursement to the affected traders. He applauded Dangote for bringing succour to the traders in Kano.